Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fiery Carnelians

Of all design forms, jewellery design and interior decors are my most favourite. In jewellery, silver finds a pride of place in my collection. And when combined with colourful semi-precious gemstones, the pieces exude a sophisticated charm. I myself often try my hand at making my own necklaces-- combining small silver beads with coloured stones. That I will show you later some time.

Today I would exhibit some of my favourite pieces made of fire red Carnelian.

Carnelian is available in colors ranging from orange to reddish brown.The Planetary ruler of this stone is Mars. Carnelian is the Zodiac stone for the signs of Aries, Taurus, Leo, Virgo and Capricorn.


  
Designed with silver, antique silver, or pewter and off-set with black or green onyx, blue Lapis Lazuli or Sodalite, or green Adventurine or blue-green Turquoise,the rich tones of  Carnelian become more vibrant.




Amber, Turquoise and Carnelian
 

Black and Green Onyx, Carnelian


 

Carnelian Hearts
 




Red and orange Carnelians






Turquoise and Carnelian
  



Jade and Carnelian



Green Adventurine and Carnelian
 


Carnelian and Black Onyx




Most of these you can buy at http://www.novica.com/



Do let me know if you like these pieces. More gemstone pieces are here. I would love to hear from you. So, pause for a moment and leave your mark!!!
  Images courtesy: Novica

No comments: